Food and drink in Ilfracombe
There can't be many towns as small as Ilfracombe with so many great places to eat. True, some of the restaurants close for lunch, or are never open on Sundays, but this is a rather "special" town, with its own unique way of doing business.
Because there are so many places to eat I am going to try and categorise them a bit.
Some places may get included in more than one category.
- Fine Dining
- The classier restaurants where you can expect a top quality meal at a price to match.
- Reasonable prices and decent honest food.
- Still good food but with more emphasis on quantity
- Pub Grub
- Local pubs serving food, some are family friendly.
- Family friendly
- A few places which make a special effort to welcome the little ones. Will probably be listed in another category as well.
- No time to cook but don't want to go out for a meal.
- Its what you come to Devon for, Devon Ice Cream, Cornish pasties, and Devon cream teas.