The 2013 Sunwest Festival Aug 23 – 26
at The Landmark Theatre, Ilfracombe
The Landmark Theatre host three festivals a year.
The first is the Beer Festival which takes place over the Mayday bank holiday
Second is Sunwest which covers the August bank holiday
and last is the Folk and Cider fest which is in October.
This is a FREE FESTIVAL, although of course it is not acceptable to bring your own drinks. The beers are not especially expensive, £3 a pint last time I was there, and it is only through drinks and food sales that the venue can possibly hope to pay for the bands.
- Mango Factory are a musical “smoothie”, blending elements of funk, soul, blues, and soca.
- Rosco Levee are bluesy and rocking despite being from Kent.
- Tuesday Syndicate and Sam Downden are both local artists that I have just not got around to seeing yet so I am looking forward to checking them out.
- Badly Worn Toy are my band; I can’t comment on them because I have never been able to be in the audience while I am on stage singing.
- The rest of the bands are new to me but I do know that all the bands are carefully selected and there is never a bad act at any of these festivals.
Here’s the confirmed line up with days and times
Friday 23rd August
9.00pm – Rosco Levee – original blues rock from Kent
Saturday 24th August
- 2.00pm – October
- 3.30pm – Yazzy
- 5.00pm – Hip Route
- 9.00pm – The Liquidators AKA
Sunday 25th August
- 2.00pm – iFires
- 3.00pm – Lionstar
- 5.15pm – Sam Dowden
- 6.30pm – Such and Vincent
- 9.00pm – Mango Factory
Monday 26th August
- 2.00pm – Jenna
- 4.30pm – The Tuesday Syndicate
- 7.00pm – Badly Worn Toy